The ideal travel companion, full of insider advice on what to see and do, plus detailed itineraries and comprehensive maps for exploring this ancient city.
Wander the bustling Spice Bazaar or labyrinthine Grand Bazaar, admire spectacular architecture of the Blue Mosque or Hagia Sophia, or take a boat trip down the Bosphorus: everything you need to know is clearly laid out within colour-coded chapters. Discover the best of Istanbul with this indispensable travel guide.
Inside DK Eyewitness Travel Guide Istanbul:
- Over 35 colour maps, plus a large-scale pull-out map of the city, help you navigate with ease
- Simple layout makes it easy to find the information you need
- Comprehensive tours and itineraries of Istanbul, designed for every interest and budget
- Illustrations and floorplans show the inside of the Archaeological Museums, the Blue Mosque, Süleymaniye Mosque, Dolmabahçe Palace and the Selimiye Mosque
- Colour photographs of Istanbul's magnificent architecture, historic sites, ancient art, colourful bazaars, lakeside vistas and more
- Detailed chapters, with area maps, cover Seraglio Point, Sultanahmet, the Bazaar Quarter, Beyoglu, and more
- Historical and cultural context gives you a richer travel experience: learn about the city's complex history, rich culture, fine art and architecture, delicious cuisine, and more
- Experience the culture with features on Ottoman Society, Turkish carpets and Kilim, traditional Ottoman handicrafts, and Byzantine antiquities
- Essential travel tips: our expert choices of where to stay, eat, shop and sightsee, plus useful phrases, and visa and health information
DK Eyewitness Travel Guide Istanbul is a detailed, easy-to-use guide designed to help you get the most from your visit to Istanbul.
DK Eyewitness: winner of the Top Guidebook Series in the Wanderlust Reader Travel Awards 2017.
"No other guide whets your appetite quite like this one" - The Independent
Planning a shorter trip? Try our DK Eyewitness Top 10 Istanbul guide.