Sundried Banana Fairtrade moist and chewy energy bar utilising multiple-transportable carbohydrates // with TORQ ribose...
Each TORQ bar contains 30 grams of carbohydrate and represents 1 TORQ Unit, which provides you with the same carbohydrate dose as a TORQ gel, TORQ chew or 500ml of TORQ energy drink. This concept has enabled us to launch the new TORQ Fuelling System, which makes fuelling for endurance sport extremely easy to understand.
For further details on how this system works, please click on the link below:
TORQ Fuelling System
A Fairtrade product
Very low in fat
Easy to eat
Suitable for Vegans
For comprehensive technical information in a print-ready format, download the PDF link above.
* Multiple-transportable carbohydrates (with Maltodextrin:Fructose)
* Moist and chewy
* Very low in fat
* With TORQ ribose*
* Flavoured with fairly-traded fruit
* Organic (Soil Association Certified) option**
* No colours, artificial flavours or preservatives
TORQ bar has been painstakingly formulated to produce a food that is ultra high in carbohydrate, very low in fat and with ingredients wide-ranging in glycaemic index for immediate and sustained glucose release. Just as important, this bar has been designed to taste great with a cup of tea too! All too often energy bars are dry and difficult to eat - and those that aren't contain far too much fat. TORQ bars are delicious, moist and chewy, containing just over 2grams of fat per 100 (a little over a gram per bar) and packed with usable carbohydrate. This makes it the perfect food and fuel choice before, during and after exercise.
TORQ bar was developed to satisfy the needs of athletes and physically active people. Many energy bars on the market cater for some of these needs, but we don't believe they have addressed them all. Here is what athletes and physically active people need:
* Carbohydrate: They 'need' carbohydrate full stop. They 'need' it whilst they exercise to spare their limited glycogen reserves and at rest, to top their valuable stores back up again. TORQ bar contains over 70 grams of carbohydrate per 100g (in excess of 45 grams per bar) and TORQ bar's unique blend of Maltodextrin and Fructose Syrup maximises 'available' carbohydrate*.
* Glycaemic Index: They 'need' a food with ingredients wide-ranging in glycaemic index for immediate and sustained release of glucose into the bloodstream. TORQ bar has been carefully formulated to include ingredients with low, moderate and high glycaemic indices for this purpose with the main syrup matrix being based on the 2:1 Maltodextrin:Fructose research*.
* Ultra low fat: They 'need' a food that is ultra low in fat to guarantee rapid digestion and minimize the intake of ineffective calories. TORQ bar contains only 2 grams of fat per 100g (about a gram per bar). Check the fat content of other energy bars on the market.
* Easy to eat: They 'need' a food that is easy to eat, or they won't eat enough of it to derive the benefits. There are too many dry energy bars out there, making it difficult to supply sufficient carbohydrate calories - the ones that aren't dry tend to contain too much fat. TORQ bar is delightfully moist and chewy, yet it remains ultra low in fat and high in carbohydrate.
* Tasty: They also 'need' a food that tastes so good that they choose to snack on it in preference to high fat, less effective alternatives. Some energy bars are encapsulated with chocolate to entice the customer into buying. Many of these bars taste great, but you can't coat a bar with chocolate and keep it low in fat. Therefore the product becomes compromised and less effective in supplying useful energy. The careful formulation and preparation of TORQ bar has ensured a delicious deep flavour, with a mouth-feel more commonly associated with a higher fat food.
* Ribose: Finally, athletes and physically active people 'need' to recover quickly if they are to maintain a lively performance day in day out. The simple and complex carbohydrates in TORQ bar will rapidly re-stock the body's depleted glycogen stores, but will do nothing to address the actual energy charge of the muscle cells. After particularly heavy physical training, full recovery at a cellular level can take many days. Research has proven that supplementation with ribose can boost cellular recovery by a staggering 340-430%*. Ribose is natural sugar present within every living cell of the body and is used to manufacture ATP (the energy currency of the cell) from scratch. Whilst the body can manufacture its own ribose from glucose, this requires energy and is a very slow process. Supplementing with ribose simply bypasses this course of action.
TORQ bars are made with a high proportion of fairly traded fruit and our ingredient listings are simple and NATURAL. TORQ Bars weigh 45g, are sold individually or in packs of 24 and are available in the following flavours:
TANGY APRICOT // SUNDRIED BANANA // RASPBERRY & APPLE // PINEAPPLE & GINGER // ORGANIC MANGO**
TORQ bar has been designed to work in conjunction with TORQ Energy and TORQ Gel as part of the TORQ Fuelling System. This system is very easy to understand and makes fuelling your performance very straight forward. Each TORQ bar contains 30g of carbohydrate and represents 1 TORQ Unit. Research suggests that consuming 60-90g of carbohydrate per hour (based on our use of multiple-transportable carbohydrates) is optimal. This equates to 2-3 TORQ units per hour. For further information on the TORQ Fuelling System and how easy it is to combine TORQ's energy products, please visit the following link:
TORQ Fuelling System
See below for some typical nutritional values. For full technical specification and nutritional information for all bars, please download the PDF above:
Typical Ingredients (Tangy Apricot): Oats, Raisins, Maltodextrin, Fructose Syrup, Apricot (12%), Puffed Rice, Ribose (0.77%), Vitamin & Mineral Mix.
Nutritional Information for Tangy Apricot (Per 100g): Energy 1346KJ / 322Kcal, Protein 3.8g, Carbohydrate 71.7g, (of which sugars) 33.6g, Fat 2.1g, (of which saturates) 0.7g, Fibre 5.9g, Sodium 49mg, Niacin 6.5mg (36%)***, Vitamin E 4.0mg(50%), Pantothenic Acid 2.3mg (38%), Vitamin B6 1.0mg (50%), Riboflavin 0.9mg (56%), Thiamine 0.7mg (50%), Vitamin A 400mg (50%), Folacin 100mg (50%), Biotin 75mg (50%), Vitamin D 1.5mg (30%), Vitamin B12 0.8mg (80%), Zinc 7.5mg (50%), Iron 7mg (50%).
Typical Ingredients (Organic Mango): Organic Oats, Organic Raisins (Organic Raisins, Organic Palm Oil), Organic Maltodextrin, Organic Fructose Syrup, Organic Mango, Organic Rice Crisp (Organic Rice Four, Organic Sugar, Organic Malt Extract, Organic Sunflower Oil, Sunflower Lecithin).
Nutritional Information Organic Mango (Per 100g): Energy 1279KJ / 306Kcal, Protein 3.6g, Carbohydrate 69.5g, (of which sugars) 30.3g, Fat 2.2g, (of which saturates) 0.4g, Fibre 3.2g, Sodium 0.01g.
Please take a look at the TORQ Fuelling System for further information on how to use this product and the research supporting its functionality.
Med Sci Sports Exerc. 2005 Mar;37(3):426-32. Oxidation of combined ingestion of maltodextrins and fructose during exercise. Wallis GA, Rowlands DS, Shaw C, Jentjens RL, Jeukendrup AE.
Med Sci Sports Exerc. 2008 Feb;40(2):275-81. Superior endurance performance with ingestion of multiple transportable carbohydrates. Currell K, Jeukendrup AE.
Int J Sport Nutr Exerc Metab. 2010 Apr;20(2):122-31.An isocaloric glucose-fructose beverage's effect on simulated 100-km cycling performance compared with a glucose-only beverage.Triplett D, Doyle JA, Rupp JC, Benardot D.
Appl Physiol Nutr Metab. 2012 Jun;37(3):425-36. Epub 2012 Apr 3.Composite versus single transportable carbohydrate solution enhances race and laboratory cycling performance. Rowlands DS, Swift M, Ros M, Green JG.
Scand J Med Sci Sports. 2010 Feb;20(1):112-21.Multiple transportable carbohydrates enhance gastric emptying and fluid delivery. Jeukendrup AE, Moseley L.
Med Sci Sports Exerc. 2008 Oct;40(10):1789-94.Postexercise muscle glycogen synthesis with combined glucose and fructose ingestion.Wallis GA, Hulston CJ, Mann CH, Roper HP, Tipton KD, Jeukendrup AE.
Med Sci Sports Exerc. 2011 Oct;43(10):1964-71.Fructose and galactose enhance postexercise human liver glycogen synthesis. Décombaz J, Jentjens R, Ith M, Scheurer E, Buehler T, Jeukendrup A, Boesch C.
Curr Opin Clin Nutr Metab Care. 2010 Jul;13(4):452-7.Carbohydrate and exercise performance: the role of multiple transportable carbohydrates.Jeukendrup AE.
Sports Med. 2003;33(2):117-44.Determinants of post-exercise glycogen synthesis during short-term recovery. Jentjens R, Jeukendrup A.
Burke, E.R. PhD (1999). D-Ribose, what you need to know. Avery Publishing Group.
Burke, E.R. PhD (2002). Serious Cycling. Human Kinetics. Pages 167-169 (Ribose).
*** (%) = Percentage of Recommended Daily Allowance